2021-2022 CES PTO Nominations
PTO is currently taking officer nominations for the Executive Board.
If you or someone you know would like to be more involved in the PTO, please take this opportunity to nominate them. Self-nominations are welcome as well.
Candidates should consider the following:
● All positions are rewarding, fulfilling, and allow you to be very involved at your child(ren)'s school.
● The organization and positions have been restructured from previous years to allow for a more simple and
● All positions are a one year term and do require a great deal of responsibility and time commitment. The best
interest of the students and the school is always considered.
● Positions can be shared to help reduce the time commitment on any one person/position.
● The immediate past president(s) stay on as ex-officio members in an advisory capacity only for one year.
Nomination and Election Process & Timeline:
● Nominations are open via the CES PTO website starting April 19, 2021; nominations will close on April 23, 2021 at
● Executive Board elections will be held May 10-14, 2021 (the ballot form will be sent via email)
● Executive Board positions will be announced on May 19, 2021 at the school-wide PTO meeting
President: Serve as leader and key contact for PTO; preside over all PTO meetings; ex-officio member of most committees; coordinate the work of the officers and committees so that PTO's object can be met.
Vice President: Act as an aid to the President; perform all the duties of the President in the absence or inability of that office to serve; assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Board, coordinate the general activities of any Special Committees created by the Board; facilitate community relationships with and seek partnerships and fundraising opportunities with local businesses; manage and maintain PTO social media accounts; ideally is willing to serve as President in the future.
Secretary: Keep the minutes of all general and Executive Board meetings; prepare correspondence as well as design and manage flyers and posters for PTO events; maintain website and master documents; monitor the PTO email account; help recruit committee chairpersons for all vacant standing committees; keep calendar of events for PTO.
Treasurer: Be responsible for and have custody of all funds; make disbursements as properly authorized; be present at all PTO events where money will be collected; assure that PTO policies and best practices are followed with regards to funds; prepare financial reports for each meeting as needed; prepare books for annual audit.
*All positions are shareable as a "Co" position with the exception of Treasurer.